9.15.2009

je suis moi. vous êtes vous.

ok. so, i've thought about this concept over and over again in my head.
i've had long, arduous dialogues with myself...
"friday, why don't you draw other people more often?"

well, i'll tell you something...
i don't mind doing myself injustice with a slightly crooked nose or hair not drawn just so.
a cheek that is too broad. an eye that is slightly off.

...but to inflict that kind of injustice on those i love and care about?
heavens, no!

i'm trying. believe me, i'm trying.

i've made it a point, now that i'm getting back into shooting photographic portraiture, to take the time to illustrate the people around me that i care about.
however, it takes time to hone this type of art.
to try to capture what a person is through a stylistic illustration is difficult.

but, i promise, by this weekend, i'll do my best to draw someone close to me...
and not mess their face up. <3

in other news, i've forgotten how to draw hands again.
just when i think i've got it, i draw a hand and realize it looks more like a roll of dough or a bird's claw.
go figure.

No comments: