9.21.2009

it's a good day for flowers & hangers...toujours

so, i failed yesterday to sketch...
but, i assure you, it wasn't inertia...ok, well, maybe a little bit...
but, wait, let me explain.

it was beautiful outside yesterday.
a chilly, pre-autumn breeze combined with a bright, blue sky and blinding sun.
i had to try to enjoy it.

...and what do i do to enjoy the day?
wake up ridiculously early and trek to try to exchange my display model (screech) "boyfriend shirt" for a non-display model.
yeah. i know...really taking advantage of the good weather.

cut to me, pre-caffeine, trying to get an exchange and quietly nodding when the saleswoman informs me that 1) there aren't anymore in my size and 2) steaming it will take all the holes out.
i didn't have the energy to argue...
but, let me tell you, i was all kinds of raging after i had my latte.
so, i have to steam this shirt myself to deal with damage that i didn't inflict on it?
poppycock.

fortunately, for the saleswoman, i was too far away from the store at that point to do anything about it. i just smoked a cigarette, grumbled to myself and ate bad pound cake from a random stand. bad pound cake is like a placeholder for a good meal to come...or, if anything, a way to disappoint your stomach in order to make your next meal seem phenomenal.

i lunched with mum...fig salad & a chicken pesto sandwich...yes, another latte. (indeed, phenomenal. thanks, bad pound cake!)

lovely, lovely...and then it was off to see if my paramour's family was enjoying their sunday.
...and what fits perfectly with a day like that, dear reader?
an armful of white and yellow daisies, of course...and there just happen to be some...
so, off i go and there i am...and, much to my dismay, there they weren't.
there i stood, sunday shirtdressed and daisied, confused by the situation...staring at the house as if that would make something happen.
i left them on the back porch with a note and informed my dear boy about the situation.
messages were sent and information was passed...and i received a very sweet text message from them.
hopefully i'll get to see them soon.

...and then i did what any responsible person would do...
i went home, sat on the front porch and vented to my sister about a few things (a monthly ritual for us) while enjoying the weather...if by enjoying i mean pacing back and forth, yammering in a tone that flip-flops between fed-up and excited (yes, it's extreme) that i only get with my sister while we talk about emotional, psychological and familial stresses.
...then, yes, i fully "enjoyed" the weather.
hey, at least i did it all outside.

this was followed by about 5 hours of weeding through my closet...
i am so much closer to that infallible wardrobe i've always wanted. 4/5ths of my clothes are now bound for the dump, charity or a legendary garage sale.
...and i feel like i could stand to get rid of some more...

in the process i realized a few key things:
  • one of my childhood dreams was to have all the hangers in my closet match...and it finally became a reality. now if i fail at life, i can rest assured that there's at least one dream that was fulfilled.
  • my fashion choices were questionable for many, many years...many, many, maaaany years.
  • i don't take very good care of my shoes.
  • how many pairs of the same jeans can a person have before it becomes overkill? answer: anything over 4
  • i've gone overkill with the same pair of jeans.
  • i'm considering finally starting to get things tailored. (oh, my wallet just started weeping again.)
  • boxy-cut anything is not my friend...its main purpose is to make me look like a steel ship container balanced delicately on two toothpicks.
  • hangers, people! i have matching hangers!!! (i equate its level of "epic" to that of beowulf.)
so, yes, i told you about yesterday...
but not much about today.
today? just work...nothing much to report except that i've decided to go on an 8 cigarette/day diet.

don't laugh at me...i'm trying to cut down.

packing lunches and 8 cigarettes/day.
i still indulge in a latte in the morning, but, that aside, i'm doing my best to live less frivolously.
as a result, i end up having a less extroverted life and more time to sit on my computer and regale you with tales of neurotic tendencies, culinary delights, childhood dreams realized and correspondence with inanimate objects.

...because, ya know, we just don't build relationships with objects like we used to...which is sad because they're really faithful once they're in your possession.

mainly because they don't have any limbs or opposable thumbs...but you can be in denial and just pretend that they love you instead.

No comments: