2.03.2010

on being responsible...


in these dark economic times, one has to be responsible, right?

right.

so, i've decided to get back on the responsibility bandwagon and take the rickety road to frugalville. it's not necessarily a mecca of joy and frivolous living. it's more of a working village where everyone wears uniqlo and packs their own lunches.

speaking of packing lunches, i've decided to take two steps in the right directions. the first is to pack lunch at least three times a week. the second is to get back on the 8 cigarette/day diet and try to schedule a quit date.

i was doing pretty well there for a while in terms of packing lunch...but a new eatery opened up two blocks away that has the most wondrous hot & cold bar you've ever seen. i was defeated by the creamy yams and wonderfully textural rices and couscous...not to mention that they sell my favorite yogurt there.

it's just a dangerous place to be.
...and, of course, i always pick up the heavy items...so, my lunches have been at least $10 a day.

my wallet is constantly crying, but when i ask what's wrong it just looks at me with that expression...you know, the "you should know what's wrong" expression.
my wallet needs to realize that i'm no mind-reader (do wallets have minds?) and that it should just tell me what its issues are.

so, anyway, i packed lunch today.
i decided to make my sandwich as angular and square as possible and pretended like the discarded crusts cancelled out the bagel i ate when i got into the office this morning.

i haven't eaten any cookies yet.

...and tonight?
tonight i get crackin' on the illustration-side of my portfolio and continue my quest to weed through my digital photographs.

wish me luck.

No comments: